An important part of the community garden concept is that we all contribute. Each garden plot requires six hours of volunteer time per year. Many chores must be done to keep our community garden running smoothly. We cut the grass around the plots, work in the common patches (pumpkins, potatoes, herbs, rhubarb, orchard and in some years, corn and strawberries), clean the greenhouse or help with the goats. Occasionally work bees are held to do specific projects. There are also specialized jobs like administration and running the big equipment. We appreciate how well our community garden is run. We are grateful for every person who is doing their share, and the many volunteers who are doing much more than their share.
Subscribe by Email
The notification you receive by email contains the text of the post, but leaves out photos and printable recipes. Be sure to click the link (the title) to go to the website so you can see everything!
- February Textures February 28, 2019
- The Artist’s Way February 26, 2019
- Lyme Notes February 4, 2019
- Tapestry 4-1 January 29, 2019
- The Thana Doula January 26, 2019
- Sharing the Bounty January 5, 2019
- Pumpkin Chutneys January 5, 2019
- Bushfire Salts January 5, 2019
- Fermented Pepper Sauce January 5, 2019
- Sauerkraut January 3, 2019
- Decoration Serendipity December 26, 2018
- Spruce Tip Shortbread December 21, 2018