Pumpkin Spice Mousse
Dairy and egg free
- 1/2 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup water filtered
- 1 can coconut milk organic
- 2 cups pumpkin or squash baked and cooled
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or substitute stevia)
- cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves, nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla natural
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- Sprinkle gelatin slowly and evenly over 1/2 cup cold water and let it dissolve. Open the can of coconut milk and, if separated, pour off the water into the food processor. Blend with the pumpkin until smooth. Add the sugar, spices and vanilla. Add the coconut cream, blending as little as possible until smooth. Add the gelatin water and blend briefly. Pour into the serving bowl and chill.
For a sugar-free version, use stevia instead of coconut sugar and omit the maple syrup.