The community garden is a amazing array of creativity and beauty. On Labour Day weekend I took a stroll around the 130 or so plots to enjoy what our fellow gardeners have been up to this year. Among the many inspiring and unique things to look at, I found this choice patch of fennel. Soft and feathery – charming. And it’s growing in a square foot garden.
- Serendipity Gluten Free Pizza March 13, 2023
- Clayburn Village II January 31, 2023
- A Miniature Fascination January 10, 2023
- Growing Oyster Mushrooms December 1, 2022
- Adaptogens Coffee Booster November 23, 2022
- Hot Pepper Poppers September 30, 2022
- Saving Seeds May 2, 2022
- Starting Seeds Indoors April 10, 2022
- Keto Mug Breads March 6, 2022
- Planning to Be Prepared February 27, 2022
I love square foot gardening, and have been very pleased with my first fennel crop. Over the Thanksgiving weekend we are going to completely redo our plot. I will add another 6 inches to the height of my square foot beds and move them further apart so I can walk between them.
“Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.”