An important part of the community garden concept is that we all contribute. Each garden plot requires six hours of volunteer time per year. Many chores must be done to keep our community garden running smoothly. We cut the grass around the plots, work in the common patches (pumpkins, potatoes, herbs, rhubarb, orchard and in some years, corn and strawberries), clean the greenhouse or help with the goats. Occasionally work bees are held to do specific projects. There are also specialized jobs like administration and running the big equipment. We appreciate how well our community garden is run. We are grateful for every person who is doing their share, and the many volunteers who are doing much more than their share.
Subscribe by Email
The notification you receive by email will contain the text of the post, but be sure to click in to the website so you can look at the photos too. It’s much more interesting that way!
- Tapestry 2-1 October 17, 2018
- Sunshine Soup October 12, 2018
- October Tapestry October 2, 2018
- Historic Clayburn Village October 2, 2018
- Wilds for a September Smoothie September 24, 2018
- The Tapestry Begins September 18, 2018
- Parsley Power September 13, 2018
- Purslane and Quinoa September 10, 2018
- Garden Relish September 6, 2018
- Pumpkin Spice Mousse September 3, 2018