Considering the abundance of voles in the community garden, I thought it was only a matter of time before the predators started to show up – owls, hawks, coyotes, foxes, even neighbourhood cats. What I didn’t expect was a great blue heron, but apparently they feed on field mice. This one is now a regular, hard at work in the field by the bee hives.
Subscribe by Email
The notification you receive by email will contain the text of the post, but be sure to click in to the website so you can look at the photos too. It’s much more interesting that way!
- Tapestry 2-1 October 17, 2018
- Sunshine Soup October 12, 2018
- October Tapestry October 2, 2018
- Historic Clayburn Village October 2, 2018
- Wilds for a September Smoothie September 24, 2018
- The Tapestry Begins September 18, 2018
- Parsley Power September 13, 2018
- Purslane and Quinoa September 10, 2018
- Garden Relish September 6, 2018
- Pumpkin Spice Mousse September 3, 2018